Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blog #10

This week was one of the best weeks of my children's ministry so far. I really feel like the prayers of everyone is affecting my Sunday School group positively. Previously there has always been some disciplinary issues in my classes. It is knows that I have one of the most rambunctious groups in the church. I had to lay down some disciplinary rules at the beginning of the class so that the kids would not interrupt during the large group leaders sermon.  Amazingly, the kids all respected the ground rules and rarely spoke during the sermon. 

What I am learning about children is that they actually like discipline. They do not mind being told what to do. After church this weekend, me and Phil went to our children's pastors house for the grey cup game. That was a great time, we really got to know Jason on a deeper level. Meeting his family was cool, and it turns out I teach a few of his kids. I did not even know that they were his kids! I will just ask for prayers for my ministry and for my Grandma, who broke her leg this week, and just had surgery..

God Bless, Brandon.

No comments: