Monday, November 17, 2008

Senior High Retreat

My main ministry this week was counseling the senior high retreat. Going into it I was unsure how it was going to go. I had never counseled before.. So I was definitely doing some prayer before things got started. My campers got to Qwanoes on Friday night.. I had four guys ranging from fourteen to sixteen.. Basically, a lot of them came to camp with questions about God, and just wanting someone to talk to. We did a lot of activities throughout the days, from games to music concerts etc.. My favorite times were just having conversations with them. At the end of the retreat they said I was a great counselor to them. Honestly though, I felt blessed by their personalities and was just learning from them.. I am trying to see if God wants me to pursue this further, right now I am wondering if I should work at camp this Summer, but am really unsure..

 I guess the best thing I offered to the boys throughout the week, from what they told me, was love. One of the guys, Daniel, kept on encouraging me. He was saying that I had the ability to love people even when Im not trying to.. That was pretty awesome. I am praying and working on my confidence in this area. I always feel like I need to work harder at loving people. But people tell me consistently that I have a very warm and loving presence..  

No comments: