Friday, December 5, 2008

I had another great day of running sunday school this week. Before I was wondering if I would go the regular route of teaching sunday school, which would be one month straight of teaching then a month off. After speaking to some of my interns I decided to just teach every Sunday, with no breaks. The advantage of doing this, is that I am really getting to know the kids on a family level. My childrens pastor told me we (sunday school teachers) are the second most influential role in the children's life, next to their parents. I have been taking the responsibility seriously, I am real with the kids as much as I can, and I discipline them so that they will gain as much as possible out of their class. This week was fun, we heard a sermon and then we just played after.

For our lunch after church this week, we went to our senior pastor's (Greg Summers) house. After we had a nice lunch with them we went and did a church service for the elderly at a retirement house in Duncan. That was very nice, I met many very nice old ladies there. And one old man. 

No comments: