Monday, October 27, 2008

Blog #6

My ministries for New Life went very well this week. I actually had my first teaching session for Promise Land on Sunday. As well chilling with the kids during my regular Tuesday night connect group. On Tuesday we had the dinner with all the families and then me and Jason (children's pastor) got together with all the kids downstairs while the adults talked about life and God. I really feel it's a blessing to be a part of this ministry. And honestly all I do is love the kids the best that I can. It is not too difficult. We have this giant rubber-band ball going. So one of the activities was making rubber-band chains and adding to the ball. After the parents are done they come down to pick up their kids. So that is part of the ministry, talking to the parents and letting them know that I am trustworthy to be with their kids.

Promise Land went very well too. I don't have too much experience directing a group of kids and keeping their attention. So first we did our regular sign language worship service, which is always hilarious. After that the kids all got together and learnt a lesson from Lorne, the leader. After that the kids prayed a "salvation prayer". Of course just the kids who wanted to. I had to be very stern with the kids who didn't want to pay attention, to make sure they wouldn't start distracting other kids. I feel like in order to be more effective in this ministry I can do some more pre class reading on the material we are covering and the lesson course. 
Again, I appreciate all of your prayer towards my church ministries, as well as my everyday ministry with people I come in contact with.

Here is a verse that I love from 2 Peter.. 

Shalom

3:
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.[a]

 11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

No comments: