Plain and simply, sometimes the Christian life is just way too hard. Sometimes I feel completely unequipped or qualified to be doing any of this. I don't know who I can trust, which Christians are in the right and which are in the wrong? These questions are only coming up because the Christians that I am around are often judging other Christians. Often I feel like telling everyone to stop judging others, but inevitably I end in a place where I start judging the very people that are judging others.
And then there is this business about being attacked by the Devil. A lot of the time I feel embarrassed even talking about the Devil. It just seems like such a cop-out a lot of the time, like why should I blame my problems on the Devil? I don't feel like even acknowledging him much of the time. Then it got to the point recently in my Ministry where the Devil was invoking such negativity into my life that I realized that I had to fight him head on. It was either that or I had to do something, he was about to either drive me to drink or make me drive him out of my life. So after realizing that I was being attacked very strongly I asked a friend to pray with me. There was nothing more strong that I have ever experienced to cause negative time to go away than to pray with a Christian friend.
I think it really can come down to this fact.. The beginning part of the Gospel was Jesus fighting off Satan. If even Jesus dealed with this, surely I will also need to deal with it.
Fight the good fight of the faith..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment