Sunday, September 21, 2008

BLOG #1



















Hello my beloved, the only thing I can start this off with is LIFE IS GOOD.. Sure it can be difficult and confusing, sometimes more often than not. But the beautiful thing is that we have this great God who loves us more than we can even comprehend. And I am learning more and more that if we rely on him when things get tough- We come out of the issue more joyful and wise than when we went into it. The thing I believe we humans want more than anything in life is love. 


Right before I got into writing this blog my favorite cat in the world that lives on the Qwanoes campus came up to me, took a cat nap on me and was just purring. It was a moment where I felt like I needed love and this cat came up to me and we loved each other for a moment. Then I realized- if that cat can make me feel so filled up with love. How much more should I be basking in my father in heavens love, who can love me more than anyone. And also how much more should I be loving the people around me.


I have been praying to God for more joy in my life since I arrived at camp, and he has been giving it to me everyday. God calls us to always be joyful. If we aren't enjoying life than we aren't joyful.  JOY and ENJOY mean the same thing. Although that is obvious, sometimes I forget that and I stop enjoying life. I tend to assume that just because I am saved by God's grace that I MUST CONSEQUENTLY be joyful. It's not true, though. Sometimes you have to work for your joy, overcome obstacles, pray for it. Also, test yourself and make sure that what you are searching for to make yourself joyful is actually good for you. I know in the past I have done all the wrong things to make myself, temporarily joyful, that have been horrible for me. Even now I find myself going after things like Winning in sports, or trying to be the best at something to make myself happy, and it never works.


I have chosen the children's ministry at my church. I have not had the chance to work in the ministry yet, and I probably wont until next week. I felt led to minister to the children, even though my first instincts were telling me to go for the youth. There was a strong need for workers in the children's ministry. I am very excited for my opportunity coming up because I am going to be teaching the kids about the bible. I think it is going to be good training for further ministry roles in my life. Please keep me in your prayers, I will do the same for all my friends and family.


Brandon

No comments: